Teaching English at Eurécole College
- 6 Hours lessons per week
- Including 45 minutes of Cambridge Preparation or Perf’ English
- Native speaking teachers
- Reasonable numbered groups
Three groups of levels
- Flyers (levels A1-A2)
- Intermediate (levels B1-B2)
- Section anglophone – Native and Advanced Speakers (levels C1-C2+)
English section: Native and Advanced speakers
The English section curriculum
This section gathers bilingual students with various profiles:
- Native English speaking students
- Students from dual nationality families where one of the parents is English-speaking
- Students who studied at an international school abroad
The students in this section work on a program specifically designed by Eurécole Collège English team, in accordance with the English Educational National curriculum. As for History, Geography and Science, we favour themes and areas that are not studied in the French National Education curriculum, so students benefit from a rewarding dual program.
Over 5h45 of weekly lessons, the study program is subdivided into:
- Language study
- History and Geography
- Science and Environmental studies.
Cambridge exam training
The students of the Native English Section prepare for Cambridge certifications Exam – FCE (First Certificate in English) and CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) – each week during an extracurricular 45-minute session.
Transitioning into an international school or in the IB course in France or abroad
Students of all ages will have the opportunity to enter or re-enter an international school if their family decides to return abroad or to expatriate. They will be able to adapt to a new environment and school system.
The students from 9th grade will be able to apply to an international high school specified in the preparation of the International Baccalaureate (IB) in France or abroad, and display their dual curricular.
Four levels of preparation
- KET (Key English Test)
- PET (Preliminary English Test)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
Organisation of the Cambridge preparation
Each week, the students in each group work on mock exams corresponding (rotations).
KET et PET groups:
- Reading and writing (50% of the final grade)
- Listening (25% of the final grade)
- Speaking (25% of the final grade)
FCE et CAE groups:
- Reading and Use of english (50% of the final grade)
- Writing (20% of the final grade)
- Listening (20% of the final grade)
- Speaking (20% of the final grade)